What are APTOS threads?
APTOS – the name comes from the Latin word ANTI PTOSIS – against sagging. These are the only threads on the market that actually lift and revitalise tissues, which is why they have gained great popularity in aesthetic medicine. Lifting with APTOS threads is intended for people with slight skin sagging and drooping of tissues. The threads are made of polylactic acid, thanks to which they strongly stimulate the skin to produce elastin and collagen, which are responsible for its firmness and density. The threads gradually dissolve and a new fibril is formed around them, which creates a frame that lasts even after they are absorbed. APTOS Visage threads also contain hyaluronic acid, which additionally moisturizes and smooths the skin and thus has an anti-aging effect. The patient retains natural facial features while lifting the skin and stimulating repair processes. Threads group tissues and keep them in a proper position so that the patient retains natural facial features while lifting the skin and stimulating repair processes. The time of persistence of the threads in the skin is about 1.5 – 2 years.
The APTOS thread lift is suitable for people with slight sagging and drooping of the tissues and for those who want to improve the quality of their skin. The procedure is performed on the face and the whole body. APTOS threads are very popular with patients who want a natural look and a long-lasting effect.
What does the treatment look like?
The procedure is carried out by a doctor. Depending on indications, he/she selects individually the type and amount of threads. The procedure is short (about 45-60 minutes), minimally invasive and performed under local anesthesia. Slight postoperative swelling may persist for 1-2 days. A slight pulling sensation for a few weeks. After the procedure, the patient can quickly return to normal functioning with a reliable and predictable result. Depending on the needs or wishes of the patient, temporary or permanent Aptos threads are used.
Lifting skin, improving facial oval, elimination of “hamster cheeks”, smoothing out nasolabial folds. Improved skin quality (increased density, elasticity, hydration). With the use of APTOS threads we can also lift eyebrows and shape the nose.
- cover the face with cold compresses (ice/ice packs)
- in case of persistent pain, take painkillers for 2-3 days
- do not wear make-up for at least 24 hours after the procedure
- sleep in a semi-sitting position for 3-5 nights after the procedure, facing upwards
- wash your face gently without rubbing or massaging for 5-7 days
- avoid strong chewing movements for about 2 weeks after the treatment
- avoid large movements of the head and neck for about 2 weeks after treatment
- avoid massaging the face and neck for one month after treatment
- avoid direct sun exposure for about 2 weeks after surgery
- avoid sports and exercise for about 2 weeks after the treatment
- do not use the sauna for about 3 weeks after the treatment
- avoid oral surgery for up to 3 weeks after surgery
- If necessary, the specialist will prescribe an antibiotic (if there is a risk of infection)